If you’ve recently got engaged or are thinking about getting married - Congratulations!!
Marriage in the Church in Wales is governed by the law. To marry in one of our churches you need to either:
Live in the Mission Area of Valle Crucis
To find out if you live in the Mission Area go to www.churchinwales.org.uk/structure/places/benefices/
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the Mission Area for a period of at least 6 months
- was baptised in one of the churches in the Mission Area
- was prepared for confirmation in one of the Mission Area churches
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in one of the Mission Area churches for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the Mission Area for a period of at least 6 months
- has regularly gone to normal church services in one of the Mission Area churches for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents grandparents was married in one of the Mission Area churches.
You will also need to:
- Provide evidence of your nationality, in line with recent changes to the Marriage Act 1949.
In this church we celebrate all committed, faithful relationships and we would welcome enquiries from any gay and lesbian couple to celebrate with them.
As an inclusive Church we offer a celebratory Service of Prayer and Dedication after a Civil Marriage or Civil Partnership.
Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss further.
Second marriages are conducted in the Llangollen Group of Churches
Even if you cannot get married in one of our churches, we may be able to offer a service of blessing, thanksgiving or suitable prayers as you begin your new life together.
Find out more about weddings here: